Any thoughts on the current tensions?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAny thoughts on the current tensions?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Here’s some statistics:

China has only possessed modern weaponry for the last decade or so, and during that time they have never engaged in combat so their command and control infrastructure is completely untested. Japan’s military is expressly limited to defensive capabilities so they lack projection, but their military is highly equipped, well trained, and very sophisticated.

Ever see the security guards outside of banks in China, loading money onto and off of armored trucks? The ones with their helmets unstrapped, shoelaces untied, shirt unbuttoned, and awkwardly holding USSR-era beat up shotguns like they’ve received no training at all? That’s how I picture the Chinese army: untested.

China has had to build most of it’s armaments while Japan has had access to foreign technology which is vastly superior and is battle tested. Meanwhile China utilizes spies (some based in Chengdu) and reverse engineers foreign technology to power its modern weaponry. When these weapons are developed (by foreign nations) though a counter measure is simultaneously developed expressly for the possibility of theft – an enemy stealing the weapon and using it against you.

China is crazy!!!

The latest from the Taiwan nightly wrap up. The one and only aircraft carrier that has the inclined launch ramp has supposedly turned around to head to the islands.

I shook my head and asked, does that thing even have any planes on it? Didnt that thing just go through sea trials?

Yes, the only Chinese aircraft carrier.

china-ac.jpg

I’m just wondering how are there so many protesters in a country of censorship? What is the source of their information? The protesters are misled and confused. I’m trying to stay neutral on the issue but it’s hard..

More on Japan’s view:

http://www.mofa.go.jp/region/asia-paci/senkaku/qa_1010.html

Participant

@Charlie

China’s military (and Navy) is mostly trained under Russia..and yah, equipped with a lot of older Russian gear. They’ve recently been modernizing a _lot_, though, their military budget is 100bil USD/year, that’s not peanuts. They have a LOT of boats, not just old shitty ones, although that’s the majority of their huge fleet. Just in sheer numbers, throwing out a ton of shitty boats with ill-trained men vs. a very small number of boats (and no carriers) would still be devastating. They do have lots of new missles. 😀

RE: “Ever see the security guards outside of banks in China, loading money onto and off of armored trucks?”

Not only have I seen them, the guy who is charging me with crim. assault is one of those guys. 😀 He supposedly holds the shotty.

@Nicole

There are some articles posted in this thread saying the protests were gov’t sponsored. I think everyone kind of accepts that view, they were supposedly briefed on acceptable chants, given signs if they didn’t have them, and given times of day/locations to protest in…many brought in on busses.

@Dave

That fishing boat photo is awesome..that’s the one I wanted 😀 Swarming like locusts. It’s amusing how China is so ready to protest and support protests against Japan, but actively crushes any protest against themselves by their own people.

Quote:
    Ever see the security guards outside of banks in China, loading money onto and off of armored trucks?

LOL!! Yes I love these guys, real renegades! The devil in me says ‘Yeah, I could pull a few hundred thousand out of these guys no sweat’, and I don’t think that’s an untruth. I walked past a ‘security’ truck recently outside a bank, side door wide open to reveal a fat dude slouched in his chair like he’s watching a ball game, inside of the van strewn with bottles of pop and snack packets. I kid you not.

Participant

Brendan,

You are definitely not the first person in this thread to fantasize about robbing those guys!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    They’ve recently been modernizing a _lot_, though, their military budget is 100bil USD/year, that’s not peanuts.

No doubt, their budget is enormous. They really have to modernize and spend more than everyone else though, their rivals are the US and Japan. It’s interesting to see China’s military develop, especially in Chengdu because so much of it happens here. I saw photos of the J-20 which is a fifth generation stealth fighter that was developed in and named after Chengdu.

j20.jpg

Quote:
    I’m just wondering how are there so many protesters in a country of censorship? What is the source of their information? The protesters are misled and confused. I’m trying to stay neutral on the issue but it’s hard..

Most protests aren’t allowed, this one is because it supports the national narrative.

Its official, afternoon news is that the small armada of Taiwanese fishing boats stocked with Taiwanese flags and protest banners are heading to the DiauYu islands in a few hours. The captains are assembling at the docks…..

I hope they bring fish back so it’s not a wasted trip.

TD

Participant

Hope they have fun, when one day when they are old, are they still think they doing great things.

Love country, many people have done things to hurting other people by the name of “LOVE COUNTRY”

The fish island belongs to who? when human came to this world with nothing, then will leave this world with nothing. already have too much still thinking it is not enough.

All the so called”LOVE COUNTRY”, really not sure what’s they are really doing, during World War Two, many Janpanese think they love country so they will kill others for love country, when culture revolution people also think they love country , if love country means getting bigger and bigger land have more and more people, instead make this place this moment be better for living. then i don’t like this kind of “love”.

Participant

Linka,

Those are wise words. Thank you so much for saying that.

We should all be able to value our common humanity above any national category.

FYI, the ‘1000 fishing vessels’ from China didn’t bother to show up. I’m sure that’s one fact that won’t get reported in China.

http://tinyurl.com/9gk7q4j

Participant

RE: “didn’t bother to show up”

That’s “good” I guess, but as sadistic as it sounds, I’d have liked to see how it played out….damn those boats, maybe they’re just gearing up with armor plating and slingshots? One can hope!

Keymaster

I just received a text message with image from state-owned China Unicom on my iPhone: “Top 8 clips of Chinese Boxers Effortlessly Destroying Japanese in the Ring”.

subtle.jpg

Participant

Wiki has summarised what most us know but may not have not equated to the current situation. It is called the ‘CENTURY OF HUMILIATION’. History IS history and no amount of new battles won in the field or in the UN courts or elsewhere can change that. Can’t just tell Japan to take the damn guano heap. Give a pinkie and you may lose an arm.

Started with opium(drug) abuse. All this for money! Can we learn from that? The USA fought the Brits for freedom and won. S.Africa also fought the Brits and won. They were not befuddled by Opium.Again the driving force was money. In the case of S.Africa it was gold and diamonds.

Participant

Wiki has summarised what most us know but may not have not equated to the current situation. It is called the ‘CENTURY OF HUMILIATION’. History IS history and no amount of new battles won in the field or in the UN courts or elsewhere can change that. Can’t just tell Japan to take the damn guano heap. Give a pinkie and you may lose an arm.

Started with opium(drug) abuse. All this for money! Can we learn from that? The USA fought the Brits for freedom and won. S.Africa also fought the Brits and won. They were not befuddled by Opium.Again the driving force was money. In the case of S.Africa it was gold and diamonds.

I think letting images speak is the best thing, so here it goes:

dy1.jpg

dy2.jpg

dy3.jpg

dy4.jpg

dy5.jpg

dy6.jpg

dy7.jpg

Participant

dy8.jpg

for the pride of a race

Participant

yu8.jpg

what a show

one without self-esteem deserves no respect

one without own brain deserves ???

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.