Chinese Slang Words & Phrases

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinese Slang Words & Phrases

• This topic has 46 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoCain.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@linka999

楼上看山,城头看雪,灯前看月,舟中看霞,月下看美人,另是一番情趣。

Viewing a mountain in an attic of a building, watching snowing on top of a castle, enjoying the moon by the candle lights, appreciating colorful clouds inside a boat, and admiring a beautiful girl bathing in the moonlight, what a pleasure it brings!

Participant

@Linka/Vic

What do those phrases mean? Seems posted is just their literal translation. For example, does “青竹拔节比天高” refer to launching streams of sperm (bamboo shoots) over a bent over girl’s butt? (the moon) It’s reaching, but I’m tryin to figure out what those phrases suppose to mean!

Participant

@Linka/Vic

What do those phrases mean? Seems posted is just their literal translation. For example, does “青竹拔节比天高” refer to launching streams of sperm (bamboo shoots) over a bent over girl’s butt? (the moon) It’s reaching, but I’m tryin to figure out what those phrases suppose to mean!

Participant

@vic

Thank you so much for correct my translation.My write English is terrible. I very much wanted that I can improve it.

It’s like I just say something and sssume it is right, but I know clealy my English have lot’s mistakes.

If there have somebody willing to help me, I will be ver appreaciate it. As return I can teach you Chinese 🙂

Participant

@vic

Thank you so much for correct my translation.My write English is terrible. I very much wanted that I can improve it.

It’s like I just say something and sssume it is right, but I know clealy my English have lot’s mistakes.

If there have somebody willing to help me, I will be ver appreaciate it. As return I can teach you Chinese 🙂

Participant

@Rick in China.

The phrases I typed here is trying to say two things.

First, life have lot’s of beautiful moment, if you pay attention you will see everywhere is beautiful .

Second,life also have lot’s of time is awkward, so better be easy to it when it happen.

Both of my phrases is not about sex.

And I think Vic’s phrases also is nothing about sex, but have a idiom in it, which is 十分好笑。Means very funny.

东西南北路滔滔,Means crossing 十

仙人下凡带把刀,Eight knifes,分

一男一女并肩坐,Man refurs 子,women refurs 女, together means 好

一对青竹比天高 bamboo above heaven. 笑。

十分好笑

Participant

@Rick in China.

The phrases I typed here is trying to say two things.

First, life have lot’s of beautiful moment, if you pay attention you will see everywhere is beautiful .

Second,life also have lot’s of time is awkward, so better be easy to it when it happen.

Both of my phrases is not about sex.

And I think Vic’s phrases also is nothing about sex, but have a idiom in it, which is 十分好笑。Means very funny.

东西南北路滔滔,Means crossing 十

仙人下凡带把刀,Eight knifes,分

一男一女并肩坐,Man refurs 子,women refurs 女, together means 好

一对青竹比天高 bamboo above heaven. 笑。

十分好笑

Participant

@Rick:

no “dirty” word in my language whatsoever, albeit i do use a lot of “colorful” word as shown above. no need 2, i think.

@ linka999:

thanks! it was just 4 ur amusement. if u wanna practice English, just gi’me a holler.

Participant

@Rick:

no “dirty” word in my language whatsoever, albeit i do use a lot of “colorful” word as shown above. no need 2, i think.

@ linka999:

thanks! it was just 4 ur amusement. if u wanna practice English, just gi’me a holler.

V22Le.png

Keymaster

Hahahah… I saw that this morning also, pretty funny. Sometimes I’ll just yell in the restaurant to see if anyone finds it funny or interesting that a foreigner is yelling in a restaurant. It doesn’t seem to ever arouse any curiosity at all.

Participant

It’s amazing what a system involving TIPS does for customer service 😀

Speaking of restaurants, buddy and I were just chatting about it the other day – inflation at restaurants has gotten a little crazy! Not just restaurants, but lots of more ‘popular’ snack food areas. The cost of the raw materials is pretty much the same, but seems so many more willing to part with a lot more money for their foods outside than years past. Of course there are still the little hole-in-the-walls which have remained pretty consistent, but when I consider the quality of food for some of the dinner bills I’m paying lately, man.. it’s disappointing, feel like I’m paying almost HK prices for the same old Chengdu quality.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Speaking of restaurants, buddy and I were just chatting about it the other day – inflation at restaurants has gotten a little crazy!

So true. Nowadays two dishes and rice at the restaurant around the corner will run 30-34 yuan. Just a few years ago the same dishes would be 23-25 yuan.

The cost of some of the supplies has gone up, though. You can see that the price has risen at food markets also.

Participant

@Charlie that’s about right, but I think it’s even extrapolated to a higher inflation rate for the more pricy restaurants. When I look at the prices for a good meal back home at a pretty good restaurant with good service, and an equal meal here with worse service and slightly worse ingredients, I’m a little shocked to see it can cost more here. The problem is for me, I’ve been kinda ‘slow boiled’ frog in the pot to the point it’s pretty common and accepted, and need to totally re-evaluate the whole RMB<>USD conversion in my head before endorsing restaurants 😀

Participant

xiaomer = little miss

mei nu 美女 = beautiful girl

shuai ge 帅哥 = handsome boy

laoter 老套 = boss

yi sha = clothing

zhai nan 宅男 = hikkikomori / otaku / NEET

bung ze = korean

gua wa zi 瓜娃子 = retard

er or 2 = stupid

er bai wu = 250 = stupid

hei 黑 = slander

ji ba 鸡巴 = cock

kou jiao 口交 = blowjob

da di = to hail a cab

da fei ji 打飞机 = to waste time, to masturbate

sha bi or SB = terrible, fucking useless, etc

niu 牛 = cow = strong, awesome

niu bi or NB = pro

Keymaster
    Quote:
    gua wa zi 瓜娃子 = retard

Love this one. I taught it to a friend who visited Chengdu recently and he went around saying it (and 茄子, the only other word he knew) to taxi drivers around the city. They were universally amused.

Participant

chrysanthemum, 菊花 is also slang for butt

and 妹纸 = sister (as a friendly person)

Participant

learned something new today: ma bi = to be forced by your mother.

“bi” is used a lot as you might have seen the “niu bi” and “sha bi”. it refer’s to one’s “force”.

Participant

learned something new today: ma bi = to be forced by your mother.

“bi” is used a lot as you might have seen the “niu bi” and “sha bi”. it refer’s to one’s “force”.

Participant

re: 菊花 — it’s also used in context of “blow up the chrysanthemum” to mean fuck in the ass, ask a girl if you can blow her’s for an always-different but usually-passionate response 😀

bao ni ju hua!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.