Italian, Just Arrived in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionItalian, Just Arrived in Chengdu

• This topic has 40 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAnna.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Participant

ChengduPlaces!

I tried pizza in Pizza Mandolino (but you can choose another foreign food) and isn’t bad but many friends said Mike’s Pizza is better!

Participant

Hey there Giulia and welcome to Chengdu.

There are a fair few Italian restaurants around the place, and at least 2 or three outside the West Gate of Chuan Da, go out and turn north (as in right) and there are a few places advertising Italian. I can’t vouch for the quality, though…

There’s also a long and winding alleyway to the north-west of Tianfu Square and just north of the two refurbished old streets, KuanXiangzi and ZhaiXiangzi, with a lot of western cafes but again I’ve only walked through, never eaten there.

To be honest you might be better off cooking your Italian yourself, though, as someone here said. Ingredients are easy to come by and not very pricy, and what’s more, you’ll know what you get.

And Federico, I went to Mandolini for the second time just yesterday and have to say I was sorely disappointed. Pizza was OK, at best, but they’d missed completely with some of the ingredients (Chinese soup mushrooms) and it seemed like they’d been thrown on completely at random. Besides the pizza was so soggy you could almost wring it. For the kind of prices they charge in there I’d seriously expect something better. Strange since the first time I went there it was pretty good indeed.

Participant

I agree with you Urgle, price is expensive for quality of pizza.

I tried this restaurant last week for the wine fair…

Like you said “they’d missed completely with some of the ingredients”…

We can understand that here is difficult find everything for make good localized food but price must to be “equal”…

Maybe now It’s changed management and quality is different?

I can believe that Mike’s pizza is better but I never tried for now

Participant

Hi Giulia & Co (it must stand for Cosa Nostra) lol

Just kidding.

Anyway, any outings for Italian food this w-end? I’d love some good Italian food, haven’t had it for quite a while. I’ve been here for good few months, would be great to meet new friends. Giulia would you like to meet another (North) European & get together some time? Ciao 🙂

Cosa Nostra? O_O …this two words have very serious meaning…I wouldn’t use them to joke…remembering all the people died for “cosa nostra”…maybe you’re not italian and you don’t know what does it mean… 🙂

Participant

Hundreds of Apologies! Bad joke 🙁 I wasn’t aware it’s no good of a subject to joke around about with Italians. Sorry for that!

Anna are you by any chance Capo de tutti capi?

Oh don’t worry about that Anna i supposed you didn’t know the real meaning…it is all right!

Participant

shhhh … can’t say that out loud! China is a perfect place to hide 😉

well, I think our Italian friends don’t appreciate these kind of jokes , so let’s behave

google translator is a good thing after all

Oh well I dont’know why but when I write by my iphone i have some problems…by the way, dear Anna, I did’nt meet anyone yet so i will be very happy to meet new people! Wherever they come from! 😉

Participant

I just pm /ed/ you

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.