Saturday Halloween Party (+ 20 Free Tickets)

HomeForumsIn ChengduSaturday Halloween Party (+ 20 Free Tickets)

• This topic has 84 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Tracy, if you go, ill go! As long as you wear that outfit like last night ;). Kiddin, but yea do you think 31st will be good? I dont want to wear a costume, its a work day…

Quote:
    I guess because of the inside environment?

I think this was also the problem. While it had a cool underground feel to it, it was dusty, stuffy, there were dirt pits to watch out for, and didn’t really have a good atmosphere.

Keymaster

I had a blast last night, lots of friends were there! It was cool to meet new people from the forum also.

Yesterday was overall an outstanding day with the bike race which was a huge success (I got photos of that also) and then the green tank event which was not like any other party I’ve been to in Chengdu. Lots of people were in costume but the special thing about the event was that it was somewhere new and totally unique. The promoters of this event are doing something new in Chengdu and deserve recognition. Thanks Dave & Andy Mac.

Photos:

halloween1.jpg

halloween2.jpg

halloween3.jpg

halloween4.jpg

halloween5.jpg

halloween6.jpg

halloween7.jpg

halloween8.jpg

halloween9.jpg

halloween10.jpg

halloween11.jpg

halloween12.jpg

halloween13.jpg

halloween14.jpg

halloween15.jpg

halloween16.jpg

halloween17.jpg

halloween18.jpg

halloween19.jpg

halloween20.jpg

halloween21.jpg

Quote:
    I thought it was a fail. When I first arrived at 11PM I thought it had a lot of potential, but somehow the party never really took off. People just kept standing outside in stead of inside?

I was at the party for an hour before I even went inside. I didn’t see a reason to, since the temperature was flawless outside, there was grass everywhere, and you could hear the music. The party was basically outside which I had no problem with. It felt like a house party, that kind of vibe.

Quote:
    RE: “fail” – I got that feeling around 10:30, so we went to the Jellyfish party top floor of celebrity hotel….and it was great.

To each their own, Jellyfish is always there for anyone who wants that. A lot of people seem to enjoy it but I can’t stand the music or vibe there. Basically none of my friends go to Paname/Jellyfish/Mooney’s/Shamrock either but that is a separate scene within Chengdu.

Participant

Awesome pictures Charlie. Greg and Mark were killin it last night.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    awesome pictures Charlie. Greg and Mark were killin it last night.

I agree, those costumes were both incredible. The characters that they played really brought them over the top.

Participant

Bigups to all organisers and those who attended!

Personally special thx to Andy for hooking me up to play D&B at the end.

Despite the pros and cons, Chengdu has a solid ground for growing in terms of alternative music scene to Jelly`s/Paname etc.

Sincerely looking forward to events alike!

PS: I would be happy to contribute to improve publicity. Me and my friends thought that this party might not have been advertised enough in Universities for example.

Participant
    Quote:
    if you go, ill go! As long as you wear that outfit like last night ;). Kiddin, but yea do you think 31st will be good? I dont want to wear a costume, its a work day…

You are cute, JerryS. Thank you! But I have to say that I guess there is no chance to celebrate Halloween’s Day with you this year. Because I will fly to HK next week and work and celebrate Halloween’s Day with my friends there. Maybe we can go together next year. 🙂 I’m already planning next year’s Halloween’s celebration, haha! Have a good day!

Participant

Can anyone tell me how to post a picture on the forum. I want to put up some pictures here. Thank you.:)

Participant

Awesome pictures Charlie, thanks for putting them up.

Like discussed, the party itself was not the greatest I’ve ever been to. But hey, now I can say I have partied in a farm silo. It’s a new experience and that’s what it’s all about!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Can anyone tell me how to post a picture on the forum. I want to put up some pictures here. Thank you.:)

Upload your photos and then post them here with IMG tags around the URL. Ideally make them 400px in width.

If you need help, PM me. If you send me the photos I can post them here.

Participant

@Tracy, aww shux! Have fun in HK though, one year from now is a long time, but lets start planning for costumes now!

@Charlie, great pixs.

Keymaster

Tracy’s photos from last night:

tracy1.jpg

tracy2.jpg

tracy3.jpg

tracy4.jpg

Quote:
    @Charlie, great pixs.

Thanks, cool to hang out with you last night!

Participant

Good photos!

Nice to see people so happy even though I didn’t get to go.

Participant

I had a really good night and actually liked that there was a sort of, separate party going on outside.

There could have been more people dancing yes, but with a place that size, it would have taken a lot of people to make it look ‘busy’. I thought there was a really chilled out, do what you like kind of vibe and I would go there again.

Also, have to say Justin, thought your fire dancing was amazing! I genuinely would have paid to see that.

Participant
    Quote:
    Also, have to say Justin, thought your fire dancing was amazing! I genuinely would have paid to see that.

Oh was that Justin?

Definitely impressive, but I’ve been to quite some psytrance parties/festivals over the years and they often have insanely skilled people dancing with fire poi’s over there.

Participant
    Quote:
    “fire dancing”?!

What is that? I would like to see it. 🙂

Participant

Check these images

Participant

Wow! So beautiful and impressive!! I love it!! Please ask me to go together next time when Justin performs it. Thank you. 🙂

Participant

Could watch that kind of thing all day.

Participant

Haha, thanks! I’d say I’m novice at best, I’m no where near as skilled as some friends, but it is a fun party favor.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.