Internet Service & Speed in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionInternet Service & Speed in Chengdu

• This topic has 200 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoPk_c.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yes, i would like to know also, the price for apt & internet. I might look for a weekend home, live too far from society!!

Participant

Yes, i would like to know also, the price for apt & internet. I might look for a weekend home, live too far from society!!

Participant

Is there any way you could find out? Does it say anything about it in the lease contract?

I would really really really enjoy faster internet :/

Participant

Is there any way you could find out? Does it say anything about it in the lease contract?

I would really really really enjoy faster internet :/

Participant

I have a unique situation in that my employer has the lease, so I don’t know much the rent is. I do know that internet isn’t included in it though, so it’s probably not in the lease anyway.

My guess is that the internet plan the building has is prohibitively expensive for an individual. I pay 200RMB/mo though, so it’s a great deal for me.

It’s not always that fast as it’s shared among the whole building. I just ran the test again & am not even getting .5mb/sec. Heck, sometimes I can’t connect at all. LOL

Was trying to get my internet setup today w china telecom. A guy came, explained some things to me that i didnt fully understand, i signed a contract and its still going to take 2-3 days to get working.

There is an 8M plan for 199RMB/mo. This is pretty awesome considering that the 4M plan is 169/mo. Now my question is, why do i have to pay 960RMB up front? And why did he give me 3 sim cards?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    There is an 8M plan for 199RMB/mo. This is pretty awesome considering that the 4M plan is 169/mo. Now my question is, why do i have to pay 960RMB up front? And why did he give me 3 sim cards?

China Telecom has 8M for 200? That is news to me. I will ask about upgrading to that!

Just got my china telecom 4M line setup! Yeah ADSL, hellooooo 1998!

1600273142.png

1600288066.png

VPN’d to MO, USA

1PM

Apparently all it takes for me to upgrade to 8M is a phone call. I wanted to see how the 4M was first. I believe the 8M isn’t available everywhere, which is what implied when the guy said “you can get 8M here!”

Just got my china telecom 4M line setup! Yeah ADSL, hellooooo 1998!

1600273142.png

1600288066.png

VPN’d to MO, USA

1PM

Apparently all it takes for me to upgrade to 8M is a phone call. I wanted to see how the 4M was first. I believe the 8M isn’t available everywhere, which is what implied when the guy said “you can get 8M here!”

Participant
    Quote:
    China Telecom has 8M for 200? That is news to me. I will ask about upgrading to that!

That sounds weird. I went for a recharge last week and explicitly asked for something higher than 4MBps. They said they don’t have it.

Let us know if you do find it.

Participant
    Quote:

That sounds weird. I went for a recharge last week and explicitly asked for something higher than 4MBps. They said they don’t have it.

Let us know if you do find it.

Participant

4M: 168 RMB

8M: 199 RMB

12M: 269 RMB

20M: 349 RMB?

I am trying to get internet at my place, the woman who is helping me out said that its possible for 12M, China telecom. Its better having a chinese person to guide you with the conversation.

Yet its been nearly a week on attempting to get someone to come out where i live.. I need internetzz!!!

Participant

check your PM dude…

Damn! I want me some of those fast internets!! The 4Mbit that I’m on is in need of a pick me up!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    4M: 168 RMB

8M: 199 RMB

12M: 269 RMB

20M: 349 RMB?

I am trying to get internet at my place, the woman who is helping me out said that its possible for 12M, China telecom. Its better having a chinese person to guide you with the conversation.

Wow. I’ll go to China Telecom to see about this.

Participant

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1613351024.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1613362254.png

Finally got internet!!! But with my given location, the only option was Great Wall.. Paid 1830 for 6M/16 months of service…

Thanx Ray for the number, i called and China Telecom was not able to come out here.. :'(

Hope these are good speeds…

Looks like you got some kind of cable connection as opposed to ADSL with China Telecom. ADSL users have terrible upload, but yours are decent.

Though it looks like you’re paying a lot…

Participant

Comes out to 113 RMB a month. Pretty good to be honest. But the speed is shotty at night….

this is my speed

download speed =1.09Mbps and

upload speed =0.87Mbps

and i check my speed from Ip-Details.com

how about my speed?? is it good or bad?

Participant

Hello, this is my results. I don’t like Sichuan Aipu Network! Speeds

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 201 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.