Breaking Bad

HomeForumsIn ChengduBreaking Bad

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Alot of critics have rated “The Wire” as the greatest TV program ever, but with the latest season of Breaking Bad maintaining such a high standard a few prominent critics are now giving the mantle to BB. On Metacritic this season has scored a 98% rating. Personally i think they’re both fantastic. Gotta say i’ve been really disappointed with Southland (anyone watch it?)…looking for the Louis CK one but not yet on tom365.com

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Alot of critics have rated “The Wire” as the greatest TV program ever, but with the latest season of Breaking Bad maintaining such a high standard a few prominent critics are now giving the mantle to BB.

Every episode this season has been incredible so far. Someone is going to crack, I can’t tell if Skylar, Walt, or Walt Jr will be first.

Participant

After the Icarus line I thought “Mr. White” was on the whole lets be careful side of things.

After the “Nothing stops this train” line..

I have high expectations for the remainder of Breaking Bad, and so far this year, it’s leading up to something amazing.

Participant

On another note..the rate that “Newsroom” goes through the history of breaking news and reporting, the timing that leads up to the upcoming US elections…

I’m STOKED to see how they bring everything to a dramatic conclusion, just as elections are imminent..

Participant

i need to watch this…

Keymaster

New episode tonight! Only two left episodes left this year.

Participant

I’m on 4×12… I still got a few episodes left to catch up.

Participant

I’ve been meaning to ask, what does “breaking bad” mean? Does that mean “to raise hell” ? What’s the relationship between the name and the story?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’ve been meaning to ask, what does “breaking bad” mean? Does that mean “to raise hell” ? What’s the relationship between the and the story?

In the show the main character has snapped and is changing into a different person – a much more dangerous and destructive person. Breaking Bad is a description of this transformation. He’s “gone off the path” and is breaking bad.

Participant

Thanks Charlie, I didn’t realize the meaning is as simple as this. I have done a lot of research, but picked a wrong answer, hahaha

Quote:
    I’ve been meaning to ask, what does “breaking bad” mean?

Urban Dictionary is a good source of amusing and often accurate definitions

Participant
    Quote:
    Urban Dictionary is a good source of amusing and often accurate definitions

No doubt, I love it so much

Keymaster
    Participant

I was of disappoint last episode. #justsayin

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I was of disappoint last episode. #justsayin

I know exactly what you’re talking about. What happened really sucks in a way… but at this point, nothing is standing in Walt’s way. He’s like Tony Montana. Everything around him is going to die.

crying-meme.png

2 Episodes in. Very good so far.

Happy that they threw Ze Germans in the mix. 😉

“Whooohoo magnets!”

Keymaster
    Quote:
    2 Episodes in. Very good so far.

Happy that they threw Ze Germans in the mix. 😉

“Whooohoo magnets!”

23535974.jpg

This entire season has been impeccable, it’s a shame the finale is this Monday. I doubt you’ll be caught up unless you binge on the remaining episodes, but let me know if you do!

Participant

tonighttttttt

Participant

already seeing people “WTFING” the finale on FB.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    already seeing people “WTFING” the finale on FB.

I bet. The last episode already had that effect and the finale is sure to be even more potent. Stay strong, only one afternoon of waiting left!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.