Zebra Music Festival 2012

HomeForumsIn ChengduZebra Music Festival 2012

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Participant

2012 Zebra Music Festival Xiongmao Dance Tent

2012 热波音乐节-熊猫电子帐篷

4/29-5/1

Zebra Music Festival Xiongmao Dance Tent

地点:成都保利公园

http://www.douban.com/event/16358985/

http://event.weibo.com/430640

http://www.xiongmaoclub.com/

Participant

I will be working at the festival all weekend, come to the BritCham tent and say hi! 😉

Keymaster

Have a blast this weekend ya’ll. Someone take + post photos.

Participant

I was up at the site today. Posted a couple of low quality pics here.

If you’re on facebook check out some pics of the Xiong Mao Dance Tent 🙂

Keymaster

Nice, with that tent it looks like there will be no repeat of two years ago when that torrential downpour nearly wrecked the Xiong Mao stage. That night was insane.

Participant
    Quote:
    Nice, with that tent it looks like there will be no repeat of two years ago when that torrential downpour nearly wrecked the Xiong Mao stage. That night was insane.

haha, I was playing when that happened. Had to pack up my shit pronto to avoid it getting damaged.

The tent is quality. No worries if it rains. during the day we’ll open the tent up but at night we’ll have it closed to keep the sound in. Hopefully we can go a lot later than the advertised 12am closing time.

Looking forward to treading those boards!

Participant

Sweet I’m the opening opener of the opening day on the freedecks!

Catch my DJ set (and a coffee/beer/) around 12:45 or 1pm tomorrow.

Also I’m helping work the Jam session from 3-5pm alongside Bodo, Tommy, Ramon, and the usual suspects of Jah bar. The jam will go on for all three days starting at 3, pretty easy to remember folks.

Participant

So, Day 1 of Zebra was awesome despite a few short spells of rain. Great vibe overall. Unfortunately I spent most of my day consuming copious amounts of liquid fun so missed a lot of the acts (esp in latter half of day), however from what I did see the music was good and there was a solid turnout.

Highlights:

– The jam session mentioned above by Elias in Xiong Mao tent. Was really fun – excellent tunes and a bit of dancing!

– 10 rmb ice Jager shots

– Circlepit during Backyard Surgeons, an Aussie punk band (who were coincidentally very nice dudes to hang out with after)

– Clean washrooms

– Being able to sit and walk on grass

– Street Fighter tent

– Free draft beer at the Chivros BBQ Fish tent for foreigners! (you can guess where most people spent the day)

– Watching Mosaic — pretty fun Chinese band

Xiong Mao tent seems to be the best place to chill, definitely. Will be headed back up to Zebra this afternoon for round two!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Street Fighter tent

What is this?

Participant

Charlie, it was a tent for Rio brand mints, but they’d set up this huge flat screen with Street Fighter, not sure which gaming system but ended up killing a large amount of time getting my ass kicked there. Fun (and nostalgic!) times!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Charlie, it was a tent for Rio brand mints, but they’d set up this huge flat screen with Street Fighter, not sure which gaming system but ended up killing a large amount of time getting my ass kicked there. Fun (and nostalgic!) times!

That sounds like fun! I was playing Street Fighter just the other day at Ground Kontrol. That game has aged so well.

Ground Kontrol looks awesome, my arcade playing youth is in there. They even have a Defender, which for the record I could clock repeatedly. 28 pinball tables too… Damn! Fun House, Whirlwind, Jackbot… Happy Days.

Participant

Zebra Day 2: also not quite an exercise in restraint.

Nasser was fantastic though. Electronic band from France.

Xiong Mao was good fun as well later in the evening.

Participant

The Taiwanese mandopop group “Lollypop” were sensational, really pushing the boundaries of this extreme, emerging musical genre. Awe-inspiring choreography, 100% commitment, and hey, they look pretty damned good too!

Quote:
    Nasser was fantastic though. Electronic band from France.

Yeah, they were great.

Participant

Ray, with a name like Lollypop, you know those guys mean business.

Participant

Agreed: Nasser were good. I also like the electronic/dubstep guys Alien Eat Brain(?) but i feel sorry for anyone playing on that stage. Never seems to pull a decent crowd and the stage is BIG, but those guys performed like pros.

The taxi drivers outside are cold-blooded. Jumped in a mini-van. 5-star safety rating? Unlikely…Tyre pressure check? What’s tyre pressure?

Participant

How much you pay? Somehow managed to hitch a ride with two uni students for free to Jiuyanqiao then cabbed it from there.

Participant

Paid more than what was fair, but less than what was asked

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.