Zebra Music Festival 2012

HomeForumsIn ChengduZebra Music Festival 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Never knew what the fuss was about with the Zebra festival.. Yet reading the posts here, im sad to not have gone… A few buds were preparing for this too… Next year ill go, but now, im a sad panda.. Well, spring cleaning is in the air 🙂

Hope someone does a write up for the main page soon, heavy pix included plz!

Keymaster

If anyone has good photos or interest in writing about this, shoot me an email: [email protected]

I wan’t there and I doubt that Sascha made it out there either. I saw some photos on the Xiong Mao Facebook page but haven’t seen any others yet. Was Dan Sandoval there?

Participant

Day 3: recovery. Great performance from Useless ID in the evening. Beautiful weather. Crowds a lot smaller than yesterday. Xiong Mao tent almost empty in the afternoon.

The most exciting/worrying thing that happened was during Smegma Riot’s performance in the afternoon. These punk dudes started a bit of a circle pit, a bunch of the millions of security guards hopped up on the center barrier to watch them or something, some of the punks grabbed the guys and pulled them down/pushed them off… and then suddenly there were security guards EVERYWHERE, pushing and shoving the punks in a human wall.. some of them fought back and had to be dragged out, one was grabbed by the hands and feet and carried out to the security area… the band stopped playing, people were shoving, swearing at the security guards etc. It was insane. Kind of scary too. The band had no idea how to react and it looked for a few minutes like they were going to be called off the stage. They eventually did start up again but people were definitely not raging as hard as before. Was a solid reminder that we were still in China

Tried to take as many pics as I could before I got too fucked up…

tried.

teasers: (some PS’d for emily’s weibo)

ivykR.jpg

obLQP.jpg

JWsUW.jpg

PRqYB.jpg

mmR6i.jpg

also, tigerkuma’s nipple ring

RjqY3.jpg

full album: http://imgur.com/a/lc6R2

Participant

That last pic is so ’90’s. Where was that taken, Woodstock 99 during Limp Bizkit’s set? Moderator: please remove.

Pic 4 is lovely.

Pic 3 Danielle: “Bouncing Souls! You never heard of Bouncing Souls?”

Chinese punk guy: (thinking) “Who is this chick?”

Participant

HAHA the picture of Brendan and the Russian Bud girls is pure gold.

Dude, those punks I was talking to were the ones that got beaten by the security guards yesterday… eerie.

Participant

Lucky Brendan, two hotties!!!

#4 is a stunner!

So those punks got destroyed by security? Deserves them right if they done messed up the event.

And the nip shot… Yea, ewww….

Participant

JerryS, they didn’t do anything too extreme, that was what was so disturbing. All they did was make a circle pit, got a bit rough and then bam they’ve got 50 security guards all over them, beating them down. I thought it was awesome that they were raging against the machine. Most of the crowd agreed with me. You could hear them yelling obscenities at the guards as they were taking the punks away. Awesome to see young Chinese pushing back against authority.

Quote:
    HAHA the picture of Brendan and the Russian Bud girls is pure gold.

Gold for the wrong reasons, I got busted trying to photo bomb them, so made good like I meant it! 😀

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Gold for the wrong reasons, I got busted trying to photo bomb them, so made good like I meant it! 😀

That’s some fine photobombing, then. Some girl photobombed me taking an ironic photo in front of a Russian DJ in Sanya and it turned out to be a great photo. Funny how that works.

Participant
    Quote:
    Nasser was fantastic though. Electronic band from France.

Sheeeet, I had to stay at the tent most of the day but wanted to go and see them. By the time I got over there they were playing their last song.

Participant

Glad for Danielle’s re-cap the first and second day were good times. Agreed Nasser put on a fun show, kind of had a JUSTICE hard electro sound. Guys had great energy and stand presence, I took some good pix and video some of which are on Facebook. Yeah Andy you missed out. too much time in the tent indeed, that place was pretty unphotogenic as well

Jams at the xiong mao tent were popping off first and second day with guest hip hop emcees in addition to Chengdu’s talented local “monkeys”. Yours truly had a fun 2 hour set on tuesday, highlight being the first hip-hop song, blues ballad and two guys playing the same trumpet.

@ Charlie It has been a real hectic week for me but I could mosey up a post within the next week if thats still an acceptable time frame

Keymaster
    Quote:
    @ Charlie It has been a real hectic week for me but I could mosey up a post within the next week if thats still an acceptable time frame

For sure, shoot me an email. charlie

Participant

Sorry Charlie, Not going to be able to put something together. There already is a fairly good account of what went on in this forum and like others, I spent most of my time in the Xiong Mao.

Will prepare in advance to cover the Big Love Festival if we can secure a good photographer

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Will prepare in advance to cover the Big Love Festival if we can secure a good photographer

I’ll be there taking photos

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.