Game of Thrones Season 3

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGame of Thrones Season 3

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Tyrion is great, I think everyone can agree on that…Queen of Thorns is pretty awesome and we’ll be seeing lots more of her this season.

One of my top characters would have to be Jon Snow, maybe not so much his character but his story though

Participant

CDL GOT COSPLAY PARTY GO haha

I’ve not heard of Vikings, is it quite similar in style? I have read the books for GOT and yes there are some differences but I really like how closely they adapted the tv portrayal. Only u are right that the sequence is a little different so you may know a little more ahead of time even though you think u stopped at an earlier book.

Participant

I still dig Vikings but it may have jumped the shark already…

Participant

Vikings is a great show. Also The Americans is pretty good.

Participant

I like Vikings too.. couldn’t get into Americans though.

Last ep of GoT was pretty *yawn*.. until the end. Then – fantastic finish 😀

Keymaster

I just got caught up on this over the weekend, at the end of episode 3 I was yelling at my TV. I had no idea what was going on with the punk music at the end either, good to see that explained here.

As far as favorite characters, it’s Tyrion by a landslide for me. All of the Lannisters are great though, I like Old Man Lannister (that’s what I call him) as well. Drogo was great also but the way he went out was completely disappointing (unlike Ned Stark – that was what defined this show for me). Lord Baelish “Little finger” is a cool character also.

Another character that I liked was the pale sorcerer who tried to steal khaleesi’s dragons. That episode where she was tripping out in the tower was one of my favorites in the series.

Participant

Yea Pyat Pree i think his name was…i know I’m going to sound like one of those guys but the House of the Undying scene in the book was sooo much crazier and I was actually kinda disappointed with how the show handled it, but all in all the show does an amazing job. I am a little concerned with how the are going to handle books 4 and 5 after they finish this book…compared to what goes on in book 3 they are relatively boring so hopefully they will find ways to keep the viewers interested

Participant

Well, they are splitting book 3 across this and next season – so if book 4 and 5 are ‘boring’, I guess they could condense them into 1 season..

Keymaster

That episode was awesome. This season is good.

Quote:
    Daenerys: She’s hot, naive, demanding

Not looking so naive right now!

Participant
    Quote:
    Not looking so naive right now!

Ok ok.. her character is growing up. She still did a lot of really stupid things (I’m still pissed she convinced Drago to let that witch ‘help him’, ending his life) and said even more stupid things in the past, it’ll take many sullied slaughters to gain my respect 😀

Participant

ending was epic~

Participant

Might be a good time to get Spoiler functions on the forum xD

tumblr_mlohozZ1LP1rhnc6uo1_500.gif

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Might be a good time to get Spoiler functions on the forum xD

I was going to post that exact gif today.. so good. That ending was incredible.

Participant

I’m spoiler-proof. I watch it sometimes, but have no idea who anyone is. Am i kinda slow, or is the plot kinda convoluted? Both?

Participant

It is definitely convoluted Ray – but that is why it’s so interesting. Rarely do TV series have this many interesting storylines and so many characters that are actually well developed in one big world that sort of, while convoluted at times, fits together in a way that makes you think about all the many potential paths that they are going down both short term and long term, and how those paths will clash.

Participant

I guess if i can handle The Wire, then GoT should be do-able. A friend recently: “I don’t get Mad Men. Nothing happens”. Ah, but watch carefully just how stylishly nothing is happening….

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’m spoiler-proof. I watch it sometimes, but have no idea who anyone is. Am i kinda slow, or is the plot kinda convoluted? Both?

It is a very complex and interwoven plot. When Rick made his post about favorite characters on here the other day I actually looked up Game of Thrones characters on Wikipedia just to get their names right. And when I did that I realized how many characters there are and how little I knew about them. When re-reading, most of it came back to me of course, but there is so much going on at once. It really is a fantastic show though that is on par with a good movie in terms of writing and production value.

Participant

@Charlie

Quote:
    I actually looked up Game of Thrones characters on Wikipedia just to get their names right. And when I did that I realized how many characters there are and how little I knew about them.

I did the exact same thing, on the same site and felt the same way…it actually took me a while to read several of them and make sure I wasn’t leaving anyone out 😀

I had to skip reading the last few posts for fear of spoilers so forgive me if I am answering the older posts. I haven’t watched any of the new episodes… I like to have them lined up for a little marathon.

I agree Daenerys is hot enough you tend to forgive what is otherwise pretty annoying about her character. I suppose most men would describe gfs like this, where they annoy the hell out of u but u cant resist?

Tyrion and Arya are my favourites. And I have to agree, Dinklage’s portrayal is just brilliant.

I’ve seen int he bookstores that they sell book 3 as a single book, or in 2 parts. And if u compare them, the two part version seems a lot thicker. I wonder if this actually means one is condensed? I didn’t want to miss anything so i bought the fatter version and into part 2 now. I think it gets a bit confusing. I hear it doesn’t get better in the later books so I am just excited to enjoy the tv series as it comes

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.