New Friends in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduNew Friends in Chengdu?

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@lovsiwo: Goddamn, you’re right! How stupid am i! Actually, i much prefer lan town to hemp house. Zero vibe venue, that one (but the garden is nice)…maybe need to reconsider…

Participant

i actually thought it was jah bar this whole time til i checked. imagine if we’d both gone to two totally wrong places hahhaa

Keymaster

tigerkuma, I gotta agree with you. Both have gone downhill though, Jah bar doesn’t attract the hip audience that it used to. And the Hemp House has good events once or twice a year typically. Otherwise it’s nice to hang out on the patio in the summertime, but that’ll be gone soon and apparently the size of Hemp House will be reduced by half. Hopefully that means it’ll return to the way it was 4+ years ago. It used to be a cozy little bar that regularly featured bands and played reggae all the time.

Quote:
    i actually thought it was jah bar this whole time til i checked. imagine if we’d both gone to two totally wrong places hahhaa

No one could blame you for that mistake, hahah.. Chengdu has always had an abundance of reggae themed bars that don’t actually play a lot of reggae, for whatever reason. The Reggae Bar, Hemp House, Lan Town, “Bob Marley Bar” etc.

Participant

So anyplace you guys meeting at tonight?

Participant

Could be worse: coulda been at Shamrock. Don’t get me started…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    So anyplace you guys meeting at tonight?

Sounds like Hemp House

Participant

Shit, if the tunes are good, you could play down a well and it wouldnt matter. I’ll be at the House tonight…

Participant

do i need my passport for hemp house? my company has yet to return my passport. Been 4 days now.

Participant

why would you need your passport..?

Participant

Say if i get asked by cops for some documentations, or if need to see ID at the bar (like the states).

But yea ill be at Hemp bar around 10-11 with a bud of mines. He speaks chinese, while i speak english. No one would know it if you see it.

Keymaster

Better bring your birth certificate just to be on the safe side.

… just messing with you. You don’t need a passport. Officially you’re supposed to bring a passport with you everywhere but I don’t think anyone who’s been here for longer than one month does that. I’ve never been asked for my passport anywhere in Chengdu outside of the airport, US Consulate, and PSB.

Participant

@Jerry S:

You will know us by the trail of dead….

Sorry, I’ve always wanted to use that line. I guess we’ll all find each other some time during the night…

Participant

Freak, couldnt make it.. I got lost again… MAN, this is frustrating! Then Ebike ran out of juice….

Ill talk to my bud to go to the DJ tonight. But he might bring me other places. Sick of living too far from…. life…

Which i might get bumped over again… New school opening near the panda base, further east… Ill consider leaving this company once my contract is over.. Unless this company gives me perks 😛

This thread is now the “What are you doing tonight?” thread.

Some local Chinese friends hit me up to have some drinks tonight. Time and location TBD. Let me know if you’re interested.

Participant

chris, is this the hotpot/chocolate mystery shots gang?

yeah. Well at least Zoe, I don’t know which group of hooligans she’ll bring along this time.

Participant

only going if there’s chivas and green tea.

Participant

Chris, is this some sort of photoshoot u r organizing? lol

such a short notice, man!

haha nah. This is just the Chinese way: short notice, few details.

They just sent me a txt this afternoon. Just seeing if anyone’s interested. They’re a nice crowd. Treated us to hotpot and drinks last time.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.