Eggs & Cholesterol

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEggs & Cholesterol

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 243 total)
  • Author
    Quote:
    Damn, look at you, egg expert.

eggspert.jpg

Participant

dilbert and humpty dumpty hybrid

Participant

what are your streetside fallbacks for a protein pinch?

a) gong bao jiding gai jiao fan– (ask for half the normal rice) cant go wrong with chicken and peanuts

b)lamb kebabs– from xinjiang restaurants. also a big fan of gan bian chao mian if you aren’t counting carbs

c) dou hua– know lots of you hate on tofu but a square of it now and again doesnt hurt

d) random cold dishes from sichuan restaurants– big plates of green beans and tofu with chili oil

e) mushroom + extra beef lanzhou noodles (post workout)

f) Subway 15RMB 6 inch days Thursday turkey Friday Weird chicken patty. No mayo, just mustard

These days seem to be best for lean protein. Weds is fatty italian salami. Tues is ham, monday is a miniscule dollop of tuna. saturday seafood and sunday is decent roast beef but they used to have STEAK before.

I pretty much only have time to cook breakfast and a salmon/chicken broccoli dinner once a week. So I find myself falling back on these for lunch/ dinner/ Big Snax

Keymaster
    Quote:
    what are your streetside fallbacks for a protein pinch?

Streetside there’s not much:

– Tea eggs

– Nuts: preferably almonds, peanuts as a backup

Not streetside though, the options are greater:

– Eggs prepared however you like

– Chicken breast, which is really cheap

– Peanut butter

– Milk

– Hamburger meat

– Canned tuna

Participant

Been travelling for the past 30days through China (Gansu-Xinjiang) and lost 5KG along the way. FML.

Quote:
    Been travelling for the past 30days through China (Gansu-Xinjiang) and lost 5KG along the way. FML.

tradeoffs. I’m sure the traveling must have been fun. I’ve been getting big, but bored as hell.

Participant

Yeah! fun, expensive, adventurous, exhausting, liberating, nerve-racking,… anyway I’m glad to be back in my safe little cave that I call home 🙂 No more sleeping under bridges and eating noodles 3 times a day haha.

Actually, all those train rides gave me the time to brainstorm the diet that’s gonna change my life. Currently rocking intermittent fasting, 1200kcal meals FTW! Had my first day yesterday, every meal takes me over 1 hour lol. Alcohol free for over 3 weeks. The beginning of a new era!

Participant

wow alcohol free for 3 weeks, how come I don’t see more muslim body builders?

lamb kebabs and tea for the win

Participant

Maybe praying 5 times a day causes a lot of lower back problems

Participant

i went to xinjiang during national week in ’08 pretty awesome over in ‘east turkmenistan’

what are you eating for your meals? takes an hour because you are doing the monk-like pace or b/c its a mountain of food? i eat too fast, maybe i should switch back to forks.

Participant

I don’t know whether you’ve heard of intermittent fasting, but it involves fasting for 16 hours a day (including sleep) and having an 8 hour feeding window. Check out the LeanGains website. My maintenance is around 2900kcal/day so I try to eat 3500kcal/day to grow muscle. I spread this over 3 meals so yeah it’s a lot of food and it will probably take a couple of days before I’m getting used to this diet. Definately after barely eating during the past month…

EDIT: Yeah Xinjiang is pretty cool to visit, doesn’t feel like China at all. I did Urumqi-Turpan-Kashgar with the Karakul Lake being the most impressive place I’ve seen in my entire life.

Participant

I need to seriously work on my diet. But only here for another month so kind of enjoying the local delights before I return home. Its much easier for pseudo-paleo with ” real” supermarkets and suitable sized kitchens.

Despite big gains in muscle I still have around 5-7 kg of pudge that I blame on all the Tsingtao at Jah bar.

What are you guys hitting for DeadLifts?

Im at 130kg trying to go for 5 reps, but it hard sweating so much the bar is slippery. Someone lent me a deadlift wrist strap which helps a bit but I still need a bit of practice tying it correctly. For those of you at NewOrient you know how damn hot it gets in there.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I need to seriously work on my diet. But only here for another month so kind of enjoying the local delights before I return home. Its much easier for pseudo-paleo with ” real” supermarkets and suitable sized kitchens.

I’m trying to up my diet game as well, cooking at home a lot more and eating more meals, albeit fewer calories with each meal. Snacking on things like peanuts, almonds and homemade yogurt instead of convenience store stuff. Obviously no soft drinks, pretty much drinking water only.

Participant

Yeah, today is my last day at work, gonna devote the next couple weeks to lots of cooking.

Its not so much the meat that has high fat content at restaurants, but the oil. Even your dish of spinach, kong xin cai, or feng wei is just doused in oil and salt.

Also thinking of removing egg yolks and just doing egg white omelets I was feeling pretty full on my 5 fried egg frittata with tomato and lean pork during my workout today.

Never drink soft drinks or “juice” unless its from a blender. Now and again I’ll get a coke zero at work since Its too hot to drink black or green tea this time of the year.

If you guys have an oven, I really recommend the 40 kuai for 300 g of salmon at the Ikea supermarket. Some of their meals are pretty high protein too if you have time to wind through the displays on the way out. Plus their dining hall is clutch if you are low on silverware 😉

Hi everyone! Let me do a quick intro

My name is made im moving to chengdu next month, i have been training for 2 years now (indonesian) i usually eat my egg whites raw, never had an issue with digestion (i know you all are laughing at my habit, feel free)

Whay i want to ask whether eggs in china safe to be consumed raw? (again a laughable question)

If not is there any wAy i can get those pasteured egg whites or egg whites powders in chengdu?

Thankyou everyone!

Participant

Eating eggs raw is awesome hahah. Hardcore! Actually I tried it last week as well, but I just couldn’t force myself to have more than like 3 sips. Those were 8 whole eggs in a cup though. So I’m not laughing with your habit 🙂 Whatever floats your boat!

Whether eggs may or not be safe to be consumed raw in China is actually not a stupid question at all, since a lot of people are very skeptical about the food quality here in China. I wouldn’t be too paranoia about it though, which I think some people are 😀 There’s always the salmonella risk of course.

FWIW I don’t really have an answer to that question, but I’m pretty sure egg white powder is not available in Chengdu. And if it would be, it’d probably be way overpriced anyway. Go for the real thing.

I’ll chime in here again…

I wouldn’t eat raw eggs in any country myself, but that’s not just paranoia, that’s also personal preference.

As Vincent suggests, I can’t imagine there being any reputable and decent priced sources of egg white powder here, but what you can always do is order a product like Optimum Nutrition’s ‘Gold Standard 100% Egg Protein’ powder, which is an excellent protein source, from any reputable online retailer such as bodybuilding.com

Participant

Is anyone in here still lifting weights?

When is the ChengduLiving Classic 2013?

Keymaster
    Quote:

No doubt.. I hit up QSL in the tech park 3x a week.

Quote:

All we need now is a stats update from Elias! Elias my deadlift is back at 500+lbs, what’s yours!? 😀

My training is as good as it’s been since arriving in Chengdu. Nutrition has been solid for months, and I’ve been pushing my limits while remaining injury free. 4-5 times a week with weights, the recent addition of cycle sprints, and I’ve just taken to murdering a punching bag again for the first time in years. All good fun.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 243 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.